Spring Pea Soup
I've had this tried-and-true recipe for years. The pleasing pea soup is easy to prepare and has wonderful texture and flavor.—Denise Patterson, Bainbridge, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute potatoes in butter until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add peas; cook 5-8
- minutes longer or until peas are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the
- pan; heat through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 133 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 1,012 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.