- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute potatoes in butter until lightly browned. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add peas; cook 5-8 minutes longer or until peas are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spring Pea Soup
"Although this recipe seems to represent the spring season, it also suits the crisp air that the fall brings. Super simple and simply tasty. While I'm a fan of smooth soups I also enjoy having something to chew on in them so I added chopped tomatoes, purple basil and lemon zest for a refreshing zip!"
"Very good! Plan to make again for a St. Pat's potluck luncheon."
"My six-year-old said, "Keep this recipe!""
"Not a big fan of peas myself, I made this for my granddaughter who loves them. I was surprised to find that I thoroughly enjoyed it too!"
"Lovely spring color!"
"A disappointment - soup was thin - too much broth - I will "doctor " it up later today -"