- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute potatoes in butter until lightly browned. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add peas; cook 5-8 minutes longer or until peas are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spring Pea Soup
Sort By :
"1,012 mg sodium, in 1 cup of soup?? Way, way, way too much for any human. I'm wondering why so high...the chicken broth?"
"Very good! Plan to make again for a St. Pat's potluck luncheon."
"My soup came out too thin. Maybe I did something wrong. Next time I will use less chicken broth. I also think I will try sauteing some onion with the potatoes, and adding salt and pepper. I will definitely try this again."
"My six-year-old said, "Keep this recipe!""
"Not a big fan of peas myself, I made this for my granddaughter who loves them. I was surprised to find that I thoroughly enjoyed it too!"