Spring Lamb Supper
Whenever I prepare brown rice, I fix a big batch so I have extra to make this quick dish during the week," explains Michelle Armistead of Marlboro, New Jersey. Tender lamb is tossed with summer squash, tomatoes and mushrooms.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound New Zealand boneless leg of lamb, cut into cubes
Make a holiday feast guests will love with pasture-raised, grass-fed lamb.
Learn More >
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large skillet, saute lamb in oil until no longer pink; remove
- from the skillet with a slotted spoon. In the same skillet, stir-fry
- the squash, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions for 2-3 minutes or until
- tender. Return lamb to the skillet. Stir in the rice and seasonings;
- cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 376 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as