Whenever I prepare brown rice, I fix a big batch so I have extra to make this quick dish during the week," explains Michelle Armistead of Marlboro, New Jersey. Tender lamb is tossed with summer squash, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- 1 pound boneless lamb, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large skillet, saute lamb in oil until no longer pink; remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon. In the same skillet, stir-fry the squash, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Return lamb to the skillet. Stir in the rice and seasonings; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spring Lamb Supper in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p10
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spring Lamb Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review