Spring Greens with Beets and Goat Cheese Recipe
"I love to put small variations on this salad, depending on what I have on hand, but this version is my absolute favorite. I just fell in love with the flavor combinations." Kristin Kossak, Bozeman, Montana
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1. In a large heavy skillet, cook the pecans, 1 tablespoon vinegar and water over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, syrup, mustard, salt and remaining vinegar. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and dressing; toss to coat. Divide among eight salad plates. Top with beets, goat cheese and glazed pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 268 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC