- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a large heavy skillet, cook the pecans, 1 tablespoon vinegar and water over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, syrup, mustard, salt and remaining vinegar. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens and dressing; toss to coat. Divide among eight salad plates. Top with beets, goat cheese and glazed pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spring Greens with Beets and Goat Cheese
Sort By :
"Everyone I serve this to, loves it"
"The goat cheese and toasted nuts are the perfect compliment to one another."
"OMG, I make this often. Or at least the dressing because it is so good. This is another ToH classic to which all of the old reviews are missing."
"I have made this salad many times and it is always LOVED! There are never leftovers!"
"I made this for a Christmas brunch and it was a huge hit. Would definitely like to try it with the fresh beets as other reviews recommended."