Spring Green Risotto Recipe
- 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable stock
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring stock and water to a simmer; keep hot. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add rice and garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until rice is coated.
- Stir in wine and thyme. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; cook and stir until wine is absorbed. Add hot stock mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until stock has been absorbed after each addition, until rice is tender but firm to the bite and risotto is creamy. Stir in spinach, peas, cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spring Green Risotto
Sort By :
"This is a great simple and fresh risotto. I'm always looking for new risotto ideas and this one lightens up a classic risotto and makes it a lovely spring dish. It is also so versatile because you can take out and add veggies that are in season. It grows and changes with the seasons, which is always something I look for in a recipe. You don't get bored that way."