Spring Green Guacamole
Love guacamole, but hate the calories and fat? Try this vibrant version with yummy peas. “We eat a lot of this and we never feel one bit guilty,” shares Carey Waterworth from Silvana, Washington.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain and place in a food
- processor. Add the sour cream, lime juice, avocado, onions,
- cilantro, chilies, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until
- chilled. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup guacamole (calculated without chips) equals 63 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.