Love guacamole, but hate the calories and fat? Try this vibrant version with yummy peas. “We eat a lot of this and we never feel one bit guilty,” shares Carey Waterworth from Silvana, Washington.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain and place in a food processor. Add the sour cream, lime juice, avocado, onions, cilantro, chilies, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Spring Green Guacamole in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p10
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spring Green Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2011
"Definitely delicious....will make again repeatedly!"