Love guacamole, but hate the calories and fat? Try this vibrant version with yummy peas. “We eat a lot of this and we never feel one bit guilty,” shares Carey Waterworth from Silvana, Washington.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain and place in a food processor. Add the sour cream, lime juice, avocado, onions, cilantro, chilies, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Spring Green Guacamole in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p10
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spring Green Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2011
"Definitely delicious....will make again repeatedly!"