Spring Garden Cookie Puzzle
Ready to roll out the cookie dough and create an edible masterpiece? Kids of all ages will love making this fun-to-paint, even-more-fun-to-eat cookie puzzle. Who said it's bad manners to play with your food? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep 45 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Blanched almonds
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- Assorted colored sugars and food coloring of your choice
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to
- soften. In a large bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until blended.
- On a parchment paper-lined surface, roll dough into a 14x11-in.
- rectangle. With cookie cutters, cut out puzzle shapes. Slide a
- baking sheet under the parchment paper and dough. Chill 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Remove shapes and place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Place an almond on its side into the center
- of each shape for a handle. Bake shapes 7-10 minutes or until edges
- are golden brown. While still warm, recut shapes with the same
- cookie cutters to form neat edges. (If cookies cool too quickly,
- warm in oven to soften.) Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Bake large rectangular puzzle on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- 12-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately recut the
- shapes inside the puzzle to form neat edges. Cool completely on a