Spring Fruit Salad
I FREQUENTLY choose this easy and elegant salad when planning a menu.
The flavors blend nicely as it refrigerates. Also, it's nice to have the salad ready when you're busy with last-minute details of serving an entire meal.
-Karla Retzer, Grantsburg, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small serving bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover
- and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with
- walnuts and brown sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 254 calories, 14 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.