Spring Frittata Recipe
With roasted veggies, asiago cheese and plenty of dill, this frittata is packed with spring flavors. It looks impressive, but it’s really a snap to make. Diane Higgins — Tampa, Florida
- 1/2 cup chopped leek (white portion only)
- 1/2 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. In small bowl, combine leek and asparagus. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 3. Place mushrooms on the bottom of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with roasted vegetables and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over cheese.
- 4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 wedge equals 163 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Spring Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC