My endive, radicchio and chicken salad with a dash of mint jelly dressing makes a wonderful meal for a luncheon or light dinner. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Featured In: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 2 cups torn curly or Belgian endive
- 2 cups torn radicchio
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mint jelly
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toasted pine nuts, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add peas; cover and cook 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain peas; place in a large bowl. Add endive, radicchio, chicken, radishes, onion and mint. In a small saucepan, combine oil, lemon peel, juice, jelly, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium-low heat 4-6 minutes or until jelly is melted. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spring Chicken and Pea Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spring Chicken and Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review