- 8 cups cubed French bread
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 3/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, asparagus, ham and cheese. Whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, lemon juice and garlic powder; pour over bread mixture and stir until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spring Brunch Bake
Sort By :
"I made this with broccoli instead and it was fantastic!"
"Would rate this dish a definite *5*, even though rating stars did not appear. Looks very easy, plan to make **soon**. I like the idea of using whole wheat french toast. Very clever indeed!! K."
"Delicious and easy. A really pretty casserole, too."
"This spring brunch bake turns out so nice and so delicious, it's one my family asks for any time we have the ingredients. I make it gladly for them, as we all love it and eat it whenever we can. It's a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box."
"I used whole wheat french bread and mixed fat-free & part-skim mozzarella cheese. It turned out AMAZING!"