Spring Brunch Bake
“What a delicious way to use up leftover ham and fresh asparagus!” Fluffy and moist, this dish will be a welcomed sight at any meal. Nancy Zimmerman—Cape May Court House, New Jersey
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, asparagus, ham and cheese. Whisk
- the egg whites, eggs, milk, lemon juice and garlic powder; pour over
- bread mixture and stir until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10
- minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 224 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.