Spring Breeze Cheesecake Pie Recipe
I combined two of my favorites (cheesecake and rhubarb) to come up with this mouthwatering dessert. It’s so creamy and colorful. Everyone who tries it likes it.—Deanna Taylor, Ainsworth, Nebraska
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish; cover and refrigerate. Beat 1/2 cup whipped topping into cream cheese mixture; fold in remaining whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. For topping, in a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar and cinnamon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into rhubarb mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- 4. Cut pie into slices; top with rhubarb sauce and reserved whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 423 calories, 25 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Spring Breeze Cheesecake Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC