Spring Breeze Cheesecake Pie Recipe
I combined two of my favorites (cheesecake and rhubarb) to come up with this mouthwatering dessert. It’s so creamy and colorful. Everyone who tries it likes it.—Deanna Taylor, Ainsworth, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish; cover and refrigerate. Beat 1/2 cup whipped topping into cream cheese mixture; fold in remaining whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. For topping, in a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar and cinnamon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into rhubarb mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- 4. Cut pie into slices; top with rhubarb sauce and reserved whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 423 calories, 25 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC