- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish; cover and refrigerate. Beat 1/2 cup whipped topping into cream cheese mixture; fold in remaining whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- For topping, in a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar and cinnamon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into rhubarb mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut pie into slices; top with rhubarb sauce and reserved whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spring Breeze Cheesecake Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p29
Reviews for Spring Breeze Cheesecake Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2012
"great pie!!!! even with canned pie filling :)"
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2010
"This is such a yummy pie. I have made this several times, and always to rave reviews!~ Theresa"