Spring Breakfast Strata Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 cups cubed bread
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, mustard, basil and salt. Gently stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 325 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 1,075 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.