Spring Breakfast Strata Recipe
Eggs are the star of this hearty breakfast fare. Filled with tasty ingredients like ham, mushrooms, cheddar cheese and asparagus, this dish is super. You can prepare it the night before for a no-fuss breakfast, brunch or dish to pass.—Maryellen Hays, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 cups cubed bread
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, mustard, basil and salt. Gently stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 325 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 1,075 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Spring Breakfast Strata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC