Spring Breakfast Strata Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 cups cubed bread
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, mustard, basil and salt. Gently stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 325 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 1075mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Spring Breakfast Strata
"It was ok, not great. It was mushy and left my family wanting something else."
"Made this for a bunch of gals that were scrapbooking for the weekend. They all loved it and left me with an empty dish. I love it also and especially the fact that I could make it the night before. Simple and easy! Thank You!"
"This is delicious! I substitute cooked & chopped up bacon for the ham. Turns out great!"
"Sounded good but was more like mush. Really needs day old or crusty bread anything but fresh. I used diced ham and that was a mistake. Prepackaged cubed seemed too big but would have been better in this recipe. I also used reduced fat cheese. It' hard to tell there is even cheese in the recipe."