Spring Breakfast Strata Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 cups cubed bread
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, mustard, basil and salt. Gently stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spring Breakfast Strata
Sort By :
"Made this for a bunch of gals that were scrapbooking for the weekend. They all loved it and left me with an empty dish. I love it also and especially the fact that I could make it the night before. Simple and easy! Thank You!"
"This is delicious! I substitute cooked & chopped up bacon for the ham. Turns out great!"
"Sounded good but was more like mush. Really needs day old or crusty bread anything but fresh. I used diced ham and that was a mistake. Prepackaged cubed seemed too big but would have been better in this recipe. I also used reduced fat cheese. It' hard to tell there is even cheese in the recipe."