- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain; place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes; cover and keep warm.
- Place vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, salt and paprika in a blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Toss with asparagus mixture. Top with almonds and, if desired, cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpring Asparagus
"I only used a tablespoon of sugar. It really doesn't need it."
"This is awesome - didn't put in the almonds though as I was running short on time to toast them etc. Also I only used about half of the dressing. SOOOOO tasty."
"Fantastic salad, great both hot and cold the next day..."
"This is awesome. I made it after finding asparagus on sale at the grocers. What a treat! I will make it over and over, and have already passed it on to others!"
"This simple recipe is fresh with a complex flavor. My brother-in-law who doesn't like asparagus raved about this dish!"