Spring Asparagus Tomato Salad Recipe
"This refreshing salad is one of the first requests from my family as soon as the spring asparagus is on the market," notes Lois Crissman from Mansfield, Ohio. "It seems to impress guests, too."
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes and onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette; gently toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 91 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Spring Asparagus Tomato Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC