- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes and onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette; gently toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Asparagus Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p43
Reviews for Spring Asparagus Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review