- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and green pepper in butter until tender; set aside. Place one slice of ham on each tortilla. Top each with about 1/4 cup mushroom mixture. Combine cheeses; set aside 1/4 cup. Sprinkle remaining cheese over tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas. Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat the flour, eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and hot pepper sauce until blended.
- Pour over tortillas. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spring-Ahead Brunch Bake
Sort By :
"Great recipe, I made 1 as written then I made a vegetarian one also. I found it was easier to roll if I mixed 1/3 of the cheese with the stuffing ingredients then sprinkled more cheese over the top. I used pepper jack for the veggie one to give it a liittle more zing. You can also adjust the amount of egg if you like it more eggy. I also added additional veggies like asparagus and spinach."
"This is a great item on a breakfast or brunch menu. It is very good, filling and fairly easy to make. Recipe as written is perfect. Will definitely be making this one again."
"This was absolutely wonderful. Quick to mix up, and disappeared quickly when I took it into work. Got multiple requests for the recipe!"
"can this be frozen?"