This enchilada-style dish for breakfast can be made ahead.—Lois Jacobsen, Dallas, Wisconsin
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and green pepper in butter until tender; set aside. Place one slice of ham on each tortilla. Top each with about 1/4 cup mushroom mixture. Combine cheeses; set aside 1/4 cup. Sprinkle remaining cheese over tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas. Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat the flour, eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and hot pepper sauce until blended.
- Pour over tortillas. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spring-Ahead Brunch Bake in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p22
Reviews for Spring-Ahead Brunch Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review