To save time on the day of party, I mix up a batch of these nuts days in advance.—Sharon Landeen, Tucson, Arizona
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups whole unblanched almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add nuts and stir until coated. Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 250° for 45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Sporty Sugar-Spice Nuts in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p19
Reviews for Sporty Sugar-Spice Nuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review