- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until beans are
- Remove ham hocks; when cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones.
- Discard bones and cut meat into cubes; return to the soup. Add the
- additional ham, tomatoes and vinegar; heat through. Discard bay
- leaves and orange peel before serving. Yield: 27 servings (6-3/4
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 178 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 meat.