"THE BATTER for these rolls may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, so this is a great way to treat your family to homemade rolls without the extra preparation each time. My mother raised eight children, and we had these delicious 'from-scratch' rolls often."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add butter, egg and
- sugar; mix well. Stir in flour until thoroughly combined (batter
- will be soft). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at
- 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 16 rolls.
If Cooking for Two: Freeze baked rolls in freezer bags; thaw and reheat as needed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 168 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.