Spoon Muffins Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Combine the flour, egg, butter and sugar; add to yeast mixture and mix well.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2-1/2 to 3 dozen.
Reviews for Spoon Muffins(1)
Sort By :
I made these tonight for dinner, and they were wonderful! Almost like a dinner roll, but much faster and very light. I didn't have self rising flour, so I used 4 cups flour, 4 teaspoons baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. I did only get 24 muffins out of the recipe, and they were rather small. I will definitely be using this recipe again!