- and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- Combine cornmeal and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes,
- stirring occasionally. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup milk to a boil. Combine the
- cornmeal, salt and remaining milk; slowly whisk into boiling milk.
- Cook and stir until mixture returns to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and
- stir for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and butter until melted. Stir in
- egg substitute. Pour over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375°
- for 30-40 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 331 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.