To keep our wedding simple and fun, Joe and I asked our guests to bring their favorite covered dish and a copy of the recipe (I wanted to put together a wedding cookbook later). We ended up with an outstanding buffet, including this delightful down-home casserole. The recipe came from Erma Thoeming.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and butter; stir in muffin mixes. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: about 32 servings.
Originally published as Spoon Bread Corn Casserole in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p36
Reviews for Spoon Bread Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review