Spooky Spinach Salad Recipe
Sunflower kernels add fun crunch to this colorful spinach salad. In fall, use roasted pumpkin seeds instead.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, spinach, mushrooms, orange pepper, bacon, sunflower kernels and feta cheese.
- 2. In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until thick and well blended. Drizzle desired amount over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 6 servings (about 3/4 cup dressing).
1-1/4 cup: 340 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Spooky Spinach Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC