Spooky Monster Sandwiches Recipe
Why serve chicken salad on ordinary rolls when you can make these spooky sandwiches? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 12 pimiento strips
- 6 whole baby dill pickles, cut in half lengthwise
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cranberries if desired, mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Fill rolls with chicken mixture.
- 2. Heat cheese sauce to soften; drizzle or pipe over top of each sandwich to resemble hair. For each monster sandwich, attach olives for eyes, pimiento strips for noses and pickles for fangs. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,434 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC