Why serve chicken salad on ordinary rolls when you can make these spooky sandwiches? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 12 pimiento strips
- 6 whole baby dill pickles, cut in half lengthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cranberries if desired, mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Fill rolls with chicken mixture.
- Heat cheese sauce to soften; drizzle or pipe over top of each sandwich to resemble hair. For each monster sandwich, attach olives for eyes, pimiento strips for noses and pickles for fangs. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Spooky Monster Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Halloween Annual 2006, p32
Reviews for Spooky Monster Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2013
"Such a cute idea! And these monsters could also be made into burgers, sloppy joes, or many other options."
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2011
"yummy and cute idea!!!"