Spooky Cream Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 18 semisweet chocolate chips or miniature M&M's
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls onto ungreased baking sheets' spread into 4-in. x 3-in. ovals. Using a knife coated with cooking spray, shape four triangles on one short side of each. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add jam; mix well. Fold in whipped topping; set aside 1 tablespoon. Split cream puffs in half; remove dough from the inside. Fill with cream mixture and replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar. For eyes, place two small dots of filling on each ghost; top with chocolate chips. Yield: 9 cream puffs.
1 each: 334 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Spooky Cream Puffs
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.