Spooky Cream Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 18 semisweet chocolate chips or miniature M&M's
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls onto ungreased baking sheets' spread into 4-in. x 3-in. ovals. Using a knife coated with cooking spray, shape four triangles on one short side of each. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add jam; mix well. Fold in whipped topping; set aside 1 tablespoon. Split cream puffs in half; remove dough from the inside. Fill with cream mixture and replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar. For eyes, place two small dots of filling on each ghost; top with chocolate chips. Yield: 9 cream puffs.
1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Spooky Cream Puffs
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.