- sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Blend in orange juice.
- Add dry ingredients to yolk mixture until well blended
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites; with clean beaters, beat on high
- until stiff but not dry. Fold a fourth of the egg whites into
- batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan; smooth the top. Bake
- 50-55 minutes or cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately
- invert the pan; cool completely.
- For blueberry topping, in a large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch
- and orange peel. Stir in orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the
- heat. Stir in blueberries.
- For sour cream topping, in a large bowl, combine sour cream,
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a
- serving plate; cut into slices. Serve with warm blueberry topping
- and the sour cream topping. Garnish with orange peel if desired.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 250 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.