Sponge Cake Cookies Recipe
My heart's warmed by these cookies because the recipe comes from my grandmother. No wedding, shower or holiday gathering went by without our caring matriarch or her pretty little treats.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Food coloring, optional
- 4 cups flaked coconut, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the butter, sugar, extract and salt until smooth. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Tint with food coloring if desired. Frost cooled cookies. Sprinkle with coconut if desired. Yield: 11 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 120 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Sponge Cake Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC