Split-Second Shrimp Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine the butter, garlic and cayenne. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir in the wine, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 79 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 lean meat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.