In Marion, Illinois, Jalayne Luckett uses her microwave to hurry along preparation of this super-fast shrimp scampi that's buttery and full of garlic flavor. Tip: Serve it as an elegant entree or special-occasion appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine the butter, garlic and cayenne. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir in the wine, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Split-Second Shrimp in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p7
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Split-Second Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review