I love baking cookies, and this is a recipe I've used for many Christmases over the years. Raspberry jam makes these cookies flavorful and colorful.
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into four equal portions; shape each into a 12-in. x
- 3/4-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on two greased baking sheets. Make a
- 1/2-in. depression down center of logs; fill with jam. Bake at
- 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2
- minutes; cut diagonally into 3/4-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to
- cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 99 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.