- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a 12x3/4-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on two greased baking sheets. Make a 1/2-in. depression down center of each log; fill with jam.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Cool 2 minutes. Cut diagonally into 3/4-in. slices. Remove from pans to wire racks to continue cooling. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Split-Second Cookies
"These cookies are easy to make and big on flavor!!"
"This is cookie tastes like a perfect Raspberry Thumbprint cookie but without the work! I agree with others- easy, elegant and delicious. Like others I also used almond extract. When making the indent keep in mind not to go to 'deep'. It will make the cookie fragile. When I make these for a dessert platter I often make Taste of Home's Raspberry Nut Pinwheel cookies because they use similar ingredients. Both recipes make an outstanding addition to any cookie platter!"
"easy to make and delicious"
"Delicious cookies that only look hard to make. easy and elegant. I used 1/2 tsp. each almond extract and vanilla instead of the tsp. of vanilla, as I love almond with raspberries."
"This is the same recipe my Mother-in-law has made for years!! It is great and so easy to make!!"
"I make this cookie often for all seasons, with all sorts of jam, peach, apricot, strawberry. It goes together quickly, tastes great, and everyone is impressed with how pretty they look. It's also easy because it's only two pans in the oven. No making and rollowing out lots of little cookies, thought it looks like I took so much time!"
"easy to make...but make a lot as they go FAST!"
"This recipe is easy. I always have the ingredients on hand. They were truly loved at church fellowship. Make them anytime!Bean"I""