- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and onion in 2
- tablespoons oil until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Add bread
- crumbs, water, salt, sage and egg; crumble pork over mixture and mix
- well. Form into 3/4-in. balls.
- In the same skillet, brown meatballs in remaining oil until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Add to soup; cover and simmer for 15
- minutes. Yield: 10-14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 284 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 16 g protein.