Split Pea Sausage Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage
- 1 pound dried split peas
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Cut sausage in half lengthwise; cut into 1/4-in. pieces. Place in a Dutch oven or stockpot; add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until peas are tender. Remove bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Split Pea Sausage Soup(10)
Sort By :
My husband and I loved this...my boys (5 &3) not so much since I added more pepper. I omitted the salt since the kielbasa was already plenty salty!
This is my all time favorite split pea soup! I have been making it since I found it in the 1998 Taste of Home magazine. I substitute 1 package of frozen sliced carrots, to make preparation easier and increase the amount of carrots. I serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkled lightly with lemon-pepper. DELISH!!!!
Delicious and super-easy to make! The homey flavor is wonderful for cold winter evenings!
Made this last winter and will make again this winter but I will put in diced ham as I prefer over kielbasa.
Delicious and light ! This is a very simple supper, especially on cooler days.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >