My husband often volunteers to take meals to folks just home from the hospital or during family emergencies. Because so many people like carrots, I look for new ways to serve them.
- Laurie Diggins
West Chester, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper and carrot in oil until
- tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon
- juice. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.