Spirals and Cheese Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add 2 cups cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- 2. Drain pasta. Add to cheese mixture; toss gently to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; add bread crumbs and remaining cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 569 calories, 27g fat (18g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Spirals and Cheese
"My husband really liked this. I thought it was good, but needed a little something more. Per my husbands instructions this will be made time and again."