- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound each thinly sliced deli salami and ham
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers or 1 jar (2 ounces) pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Unroll the dough and pat into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses to within 1/2 in. of edges; top with meat and red peppers. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; seal seam and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice with a serrated knife. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spiral Stromboli
"I couldn't find the french bread so I used a tube of pizza crust. We found this to be quick, easy and delicious. I would recommend patting the roasted red peppers dry or REALLY draining them well. Feel free to use a mix of ham and salami. Taking time to brush the crust with melted butter made it very pretty."
"Family loved it. Easy to assemble."
"good taste. I have cooked this twice and both times the bread in the middle is still dough"
"Delicious. The french bread unrolled ok for me, used the Pillsbury one. I left out the pimientos as well and spread some pesto over the top."
"Made just like the recipe - and it was excellent. There are soooo many things you could do to make this recipe your own, or just whatever you are in the mood for. Its a keeper!"
"My mother and I have made a recipe almost identical to this for years minus the pimientos (or olives, as some have substituted). Don't think we'd care for that part anyway! But yes, I had the same problem over and over with the French bread not wanting to unroll right. So I started using crescent roll dough instead--pinching the seams. Now you can buy the seamless roll of crescent roll dough which also works very well. However, I often double it because it is rather thin and I sometimes have trouble with the fillings poking through! But it is very yummy with crescent dough and any kinds of fillings!"
"My kids loved this! It is a very versatile recipe. Next time I might try adding garlic powder and even pizza sauce. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Fast easy and delicious. My only problem was trying to roll out the refrigerated french bread. Either I got the wrong kind or there is an unknown trick. Mine wouldn't roll out hardly at all and was maybe 3" x 12" I made it work though and loved it."
"Very easty to assemble and it tasted great!!"
"This was very good and simple to make. The only problem I had was that the French loaf dough was simply not enough to spread out. After growing frustrated with that, I substituted refrigerated pizza dough instead. That worked splendidly! The next time I make it, I think I will sprinkle the top with garlic salt as well. It was very good and simple. I will definitely make it again!"