- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound each thinly sliced deli salami and ham
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers or 1 jar (2 ounces) pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Unroll the dough and pat into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses to within 1/2 in. of edges; top with meat and red peppers. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; seal seam and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice with a serrated knife. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spiral Stromboli
"I couldn't find the french bread so I used a tube of pizza crust. We found this to be quick, easy and delicious. I would recommend patting the roasted red peppers dry or REALLY draining them well. Feel free to use a mix of ham and salami. Taking time to brush the crust with melted butter made it very pretty."
"Family loved it. Easy to assemble."
"good taste. I have cooked this twice and both times the bread in the middle is still dough"
"Delicious. The french bread unrolled ok for me, used the Pillsbury one. I left out the pimientos as well and spread some pesto over the top."
"Made just like the recipe - and it was excellent. There are soooo many things you could do to make this recipe your own, or just whatever you are in the mood for. Its a keeper!"