Spiral Stromboli Recipe
"I frequently fix this speedy sandwich on days we return from our cabin and it's suppertime when we get home," writes Jean Gruenert, Burlington, Wisconsin. The stuffed loaf takes advantage of refrigerated dough, so it's easy to assemble for a meal, appetizer or late-night snack.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound each thinly sliced deli salami and ham
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers or 1 jar (2 ounces) pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Unroll the dough and pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheese to within 1/2 in. of edges; top with meat and red peppers. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; seal seam and tuck ends under.
- 2. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice with a serrated knife. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 509 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,795 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC