- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Sprinkle with seasonings. Stir in pizza sauce; remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk and Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to egg mixture and toss to combine. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Spiral Pepperoni Pizza Bake
"I used Italian sausage instead of the ground beef, great!!!!"
"This was very distasteful. The top was delicious but the bottom was simply too plain. I wish I would have mixed the pasta mixture with the meat mixture like another reviewer stated. That pasta tasted raw! I could not finish my plate, although I hadn't eaten all day. But there's plenty of leftovers so that's a plus for this recipe."
"Great recipe! I've made this many times after having found it in the Taste of Home Magazine years ago. The only change I've made is cutting the milk content to 1 1/2 C to make it less runny."
"Delicious! 1 lb of meat is enough. We used ground turkey. Turkey pepperoni is yummy. Onion not necessary.- Theresa"
"had nice taste"