Spiral Pasta Salad with Marjoram Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) spiral pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- MARJORAM VINAIGRETTE:
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and olives.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, marjoram, basil, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 212 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Spiral Pasta Salad with Marjoram Vinaigrette
"Big hit with the family and guests I made for a grilling party."
"This had a strange flavor which started out slightly sweet but quickly became bitter. It was edible but I don't think I will make it again."
"Excellent! Have made it several times and everyone I have server it to has enjoyed it."
"Excellent! I took this to a neighborhood BBQ and it was a hit!"
"this was very good. i am like you i love to use fresh herbs and spices when i cook."
"This was very good!"