You can substitute 2 cups of any combination of your favorite omelet fillings for the vegetables in this recipe. A serrated knife works well for slicing it. —Debbie Morris, Hamilton, Ohio
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 eggs
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line the bottom and sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and flour until blended. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add cream cheese mixture and mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the pepper, mushrooms and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Keep warm.
- Turn omelet onto a work surface; peel off parchment paper. Sprinkle with the vegetable mixture, mozzarella cheese, tomato and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiral Omelet Supreme in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spiral Omelet Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review